500g Self raising flour
500ml Rice milk ( or any other dairy-free milk)
1 tsp. baking powder
300g castor sugar
200ml sunflower oil
300g Strawberries - finely chopped
250g Icing sugar
1 tub of Cochie Softy Original
- Mix the flour rice milk, baking powder, strawberries and castor sugar with a whisk until no lumps are left.
- Grease the 20 inch round baking tin with sunflower oil and pour in mixture.
- Place into a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- While the cake is in the over, combine icing sugar and Cochie Softy Original and beat together until creamy icing is achieved. Add more icing sugar upon taste, if necessary.
- Remove from the oven, and remove cake from the tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack for half an hour.
- Cut the cake horizontally and gently spread icing across one side of the cake, placing the other half of the cake on top upon completion.
- Top the cake with icing sugar and fresh strawberries