1kg butternut squash
1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
1L fat free vegetable cooking stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
200g Tofutti Sour Supreme
Sunflower seeds (to garnish)
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and place cut side down on a non-stick cookie sheet. Add quartered onion and bake at 190°C until soft to the touch (roughly 1 hour).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Scrape cooked squash from skin and place in blender and puree.
- In a large stock pot add puree and Tofutti Sour Supreme to vegetable stock.
- Stir to combine all ingredients over low heat until hot.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and a touch of nutmeg.
- Garnish with Parsley, sunflower seeds and a swirl of sour supreme!